Monday, September 21, 2026

September 21 - “Another blast from the past”


We had a real blast from the past at church yesterday. We stayed over for church in Waco at Columbus Avenue. A lady approached me after the service and asked if I was Kelley Vaughan. Somehow I recognized her right away. 


It was Sherry, a girl who had been in the youth group at University Hills Baptist Church in Denver. She now lives in Germany with her Air Force husband. Her daughter attends Baylor and plays violin in the church orchestra at Columbus. Great to reconnect with long ago faces. 


We took off after church for the trip back home. We made the usual stop at Buc-ees for some lunch. And then we stopped in Santa Fe at Nathan and April and Cailyn’s house. They weren’t home, but Chris needed the bathroom. As it turned out, we were able to let the dogs out of their kennels for a potty break of their own. Nathan texted that they would be home in about 20 minutes, and I confess I was already kind of absorbed in one of those Asgardian/Thor adventure movies. We stayed. Enjoyed chatting with you guys and hearing all about plans for making  the homecoming mum for the ages. It’s gonna be amazing. 


‭‭Psalms‬ ‭9‬:‭1‬ says, I will thank the LORD with all my heart; I will declare all your wondrous works.


Father, thank you for the chance to see Sherry again. Bless her and her family. Amen. 

No comments: