Friday, August 28, 2026

August 28 - “CH Day”


Well, it was Thursday again. I know. Seems like it happens at least once a week. But this time we were back in home group mode after being on pause for Chris’ surgery and for our Virginia trip. We have a window here of several weeks before we leave for that really cold trip coming up in October. So we are back in the saddle agin fer a piece. 


But that also meant Thursday has become CH Day - Cleaning House Day. I was up kinda early, so I managed to get in the dusting and sweeping and cleaning one bathroom before Chris got up. I waited on the loud stuff (ie - vacuuming) until I saw the whites of her eyes. 


Of course there was still plenty to do once she was up. She added watering the back yard to the list. She also gave me an intensive tutorial on what it means to fully clean a bathroom. Gee. Did you know it’s more than just flushing the toilet and calling it a day? Who knew?


We also spent some time with old pictures. Basically, we just  verified that the photos still on the picture cards from the camera were also copied onto the computer. Just an extra layer of backup. All was good. 


We did run into a snag, though, when I tried to move pictures from my phone onto the computer. For some reason it just wasn’t happening. I finally determined that it was above my pay grade. Maybe another day …


So … last night we officially welcomed back our home group Bible study. Good to see you guys again (Especially good to know I have a Slug Life buddy. Me and you, Helen!). 


‭‭Colossians‬– ‭3‬:‭1‬ says, So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.


Father, thanks for the folks in our home group. Bless them. Amen. 

No comments: