OK here we go again.
PT for Chris was first on the docket. Well, unless you count the fact that I couldn’t eat anything. I had one of those fasting bloodwork things. Checking to see if I’m a diabetic, I guess. The results have all come in, though. I’m well within normal range in just about every category they could come up with. No idea what all the categories mean, but I got the Chris Seal of Approval.
I also had an X-ray of my sore shoulder. Aside from the weird positions that were obviously designed to find just the spot that is tender, it only took a few minutes.
That still left time for me to walk for a little over 20 minutes. I finished up just as Chris was coming back into the waiting room.
Our other stop for the day was Randall’s. We got a text that one of Chris’ prescriptions was ready for pickup. And I needed a few of the over the counter meds that I take. We almost missed it, but on our way out we stumbled across a very special sale going on. The Monday Madness fried chicken special was being extended just for this weekend. Guess what we had for supper last night?
Social Security direct deposit was due yesterday to come into our new account. But … the deposit was not there. So we went to the bank … again. The teller had no idea what to do. Her tell for when she is stumped is,”Hmm. That’s interesting.” I gotta say, this whole saga has been more than “interesting.”
The only advice she could offer was to wait until one or two o’clock to see if it came by then. Meanwhile, she suggested we try calling social security and make sure they have the right address. They’ve been sending our deposits here for around 8-9 years. They know where to send it. The bank manager (currently on a cruise) told me any direct deposits would automatically be directed into the new account. Sounds easy enough - naught but a carefully crafted stroke of the keyboard. But the deposit was not there. So I waited. One p.m. Two p.m. Maybe today …
John 13:34-35 says, I give you a new command: Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you are also to love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
Father, please help our bank and now our social security situation get straightened out. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment