My turn to do a check-in with the doc. Nothing too bad going on, I guess. Here’s the summary:
He heard a murmur in my heart. He said it was no big deal, though. Then he added, “We all get one when we get older.” Yep. There it was. The infamous “Getting Old” statement. Thanks for that, Doc.
Next, he told me to take some supplements. One is supposed to help with joint pain. Tumeric. Yep. I’ve tried that one before and it didn’t help. But apparently I was using a cheap brand. He told us the “right” one to look for.
The other one is supposed to
help with neuropathy. This one is some kind of acid. Guess it eats away at the nerves that get riled up.
Oh, and somewhere in there I have to get fasting bloodwork done (aka - before breakfast).
The final result of this visit involved a bit more involved action on my part. Remember that sore shoulder I mentioned as just feeling some sympathy pains for Chris? Well, the doc didn’t exactly see it that way. Now I have to go get an X-ray of my shoulder. And if that’s not bad enough, I also have to do physical therapy. (Hey, Cary! I’m right behind you). I did tell him I would be happy to do whatever he recommended, as long as it doesn’t interfere with our trip to Alaska. Waiting for that phone call from the PT department now. Maybe I can piggyback on Chris’ PT days …
Romans 6:5 says, For if we have been united with him in the likeness of his death, we will certainly also be in the likeness of his resurrection.
Father, be with Chris at PT today. And open up the doors for me to get this x-ray and blood test done quickly so I can have some breakfast! Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment