Tuesday, August 25, 2026

August 25 - “Searchin’ for longjohns and leggings”


Chris was back at it at physical therapy yesterday. She said the therapist really stretched the arm, too. Actually, she arranged it so Chris was stretching the arm herself with her other arm. Ouch. 


As has become my custom during her therapy, I walked around the building’s interior. Numerous times. I was just watching the time Chris was scheduled to be out. As it turned out, my watch measured two miles. That’s a lotta steps. 


On the way home we stopped at Academy. Still looking for some of that cold weather gear for our October trip to Alaska.  Wicking shirt for me (whatever that means. Something about being a wicking base layer under other clothes). We also got a gaiter to keep Chris’ neck warm. 


Next we stopped by the bank. They are gonna get sick of me. Sadly, there has been no response yet on the whole account dispute. They still revert to the promised 7-14 business days window. She did send an email to her superiors and requested an update. I reminded her that $3000 was a lot of money to us … And that the bank IS insured by FDIC. Don’t think it helped. 


Back home we had lunch of leftovers. Then we ordered some longjohns and leggings and hiking pants online.  Our good ol’ local Academy doesn’t carry that cold, cold weather stuff. At least not yet. Man. I’m glad I live on a tropical island paradise. 


‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭14‬ says, For the whole law is fulfilled in one statement: Love your neighbor as yourself. 


Father, be with all our kiddos as they head back to school. Amen. 

No comments: