Wednesday, August 26, 2026

August 26 - “Piling trip stuff”


OK. Chris has finally entered full-on Alaska trip preparation mode. How do I know that? She has started piling trip stuff on the bed in the spare bedroom. Of course, we’re still waiting for the winter clothes we had to order yesterday to arrive. And last-minute emails have slowly begun to seep in between us and the travel agent or us and the Winkles and the Huntley’s. I guess this one is getting real. About five and a half weeks to go. 


We both tried to get in touch with our exercise side. Chris walked a little around the table, and then went through her considerable regimen of strength-building exercises. 


I didn’t get nearly so exotic. I just did some plain old walking. Of course I did switch some things up. I moved around some furniture and developed a kind of double figure eight course. Ended up walking two segments (one in the morning, one in the afternoon). Total distance finally hit two miles. Whew! Felt like I was gonna wear a path in our office rug. But exercise … check. 


‭‭Psalms‬ ‭100‬:‭5‬ says, For the Lord is good, and his faithful love endures forever; his faithfulness, through all generations.


Father, thank you for Chris’ attention to detail about this trip. Amen. 

No comments: