Monday, December 5, 2022

December 5 - “Hey, Moon”

For the third day in a row I woke up at 4:40. Not that I’m going for a record or anything. My back has just been waking me up. The pain even bleeds down into my hip. Not so fun. I did manage to doze back off in the recliner for a while. Not sure why that position doesn’t seem to bother me but being in bed does. Just another of the wonderful joys of growing old, I guess.

 

We had another good day at church. Lots of people there, and I saw several new folks.  Kel is doing his Advent preaching series, so this one was on Love.  Jim did the “Hey, Moon” song that he pulls out every so often.  It’s a fun one. A star is talking to the moon.  Strange premise, I know, but it works. Anything quirky like that definitely catches my attention.

 

After the service we had to clear everything out of the worship center and retreat center in preparation for Bethlehem Street Market this coming Saturday.  Chris went upstairs to supervise the moving of bunk beds out of one of the rooms so it can be used for vendors.  She also sent several tables downstairs to be used by vendors as well. I stayed in the worship center.  We had to move all of the chairs into the nursery room, all the other furniture into the office, then sweep the whole building.  It was quite the task. We got it all done, for the most part, though.  We still have to go back up in the retreat center tonight to vacuum the whole building and then set up and decorate Christmas trees.

 

Psalms 95:6 says, Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;

 

Father, thank you for the way everyone pitched in to help move chairs and bunks and all the other furniture yesterday. Chris and I sure couldn’t have done it by ourselves.  Amen.

No comments: