Saturday, December 31, 2022

December 31 - “Time to de-Christmas-fy”

Tough night around here. I think Sam slept better than anybody. A power surge from the big storm caused Chris’ c-pap machine to shut off. She woke up. Hard to sleep when you have no air. She never did get fully asleep again. My back woke me up around midnight. I finally had to get up and try to get some sleep in a chair. I’m pretty sure Sam had the best night’s sleep of us all.

 

Our plan for the day was to de-Christmas-fy. All decorations down and boxed up. Tree down. Outside lights down. Just need some strong backs to disappear them into the attic. In the meantime, the boxes will reside in the garage. At least until I feel strong enough to do it myself.

 

Nathan sent us a rather scary photo. Cailyn was behind the wheel, apparently driving one of their vehicles. Oh, well. I’ve heard Farm Kids start driving really early …

 

Ezra and Josiah came by with their mom. It wasn’t just a social visit, though. They were here to get Bossk. That’s Josiah’s bearded dragon. It has been spending some vacation time with Brennan’s Guinea pigs. Unlikely friends, I know. They also had a lot of their Christmas gifts still here. The kids, not the pigs. When they left on Wednesday, the humans had to choose between taking all of the children and the dog and no presents or leaving someone behind. The kids, for their part were all in favor of trading their spot in the car. That is, until they found out the Waco Vaughan’s were leaving as well. So now the gifts are history, and Chris has her de-Christmas-fied house back.

 

Psalms 32:8 says, I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.”

 

Father, thanks for our “clean” house. I’ll sure miss Christmas, though. Amen.

 

No comments: