Thursday, December 15, 2022

December 15 - “Baking weather”

We woke to the sound of rolling thunder. Sure enough, the rain soon made its appearance as well. It didn’t last all that long, but when the rain stopped, the winds began. Blustery, cold winds. The temperature started dropping drastically. By the time we had to leave the house, it was down to 62 degrees with north winds around 24 miles per hour. Brrr.

 

Before we had to face that madness, though, Chris was hard at work in the kitchen. She was replicating a recipe she picked up in Waco. Candied crackers. I know. Sounds weird. But with lots of caramel and chocolate involved, how can you go wrong?

 

Our excursion into the chill was a required one. We both had appointments with the physical therapists. Mine for my hip, which has pretty much bowed out of the picture in deference to the much greater pain in my lower back. Dealing with it. Chris was supposed to be playing video games at her appointment. Her eyes needed the workout.

 

As it turned out, she didn’t get to play video games. Oh, she still had to do an eye workout, but before she left, the therapist gave her a shoulder massage. I was jealous, for sure. My good news? I got cut loose. I had improved significantly in every area except my left hamstring. That’s the one that cramps up at night. But as far as the hip is concerned, I don’t have to come back in, as long as I keep doing the exercises unto eternity. Woohoo … I guess?

 

Yesterday afternoon Chris set to baking again, so the house again smelled heavenly. I had to do a little quick shopping for the party Thursday. Yikes. That’s today. But I only had one thing left to prepare. Of course, it was the most time-consuming of all. I found most everything I needed, though. Party time!

 

Philippians 4:4 says, Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!”

 

Father, thank you for the rain and the cooler weather. It does feel almost like Christmas. Amen.

No comments: