Saturday, December 17, 2022

December 17 - “Medical fun?”

Chris got really brave yesterday. She decided to ignore the elements and mow the grass. She was looking ahead at the weather projections, and things are looking pretty bleak. Well, cold, anyway. I saw two or three days of below freezing on the docket. That means I have to get the outside faucets covered before then. Put that one on my list.

 

While Chris mowed, I went to the clinic to get my flu shot and some kind of Covid booster. In the waiting room I ran into one of our neighbors. We chatted for a while about the condition of neighborhood streets and when the repaving will reach us.

 

Speaking of medical stuff, Chris also talked me into calling the neurosurgeon for a check on why my back has been hurting so much. And … he has retired. So now I have to follow proper procedure again. That means I had to contact my PCP and convince him to order an MRI. Once that appointment is made, I call neuro back and schedule with a new surgeon there. Great fun.

 

Last night we attended the fire department administration Christmas party at Fisherman’s Wharf. It’s always good to see the guys having fun with their wives. We came home with a very creative white elephant gift. They put different types of dip mix into those clear Christmas ornaments. Then they arranged them, along with some of that expensive-looking chocolate candy, in a Christmas tin with Santa on top. Can’t beat Santa on top. We did run into something unexpected as we were leaving the parking lot. We had our ticket validated inside, but still had to pay seven dollars. Seems the validation only covers three hours and one minute. We were over our time by about 44 minutes, 15 seconds. Oh well.

 

Ephesians 4:32 says, Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

 

Father, I have to admit that the prospect of really cold weather leaves me with mixed emotions. On the one hand … it’s cold. Not my favorite time. But on the other hand … it does make it feel like Christmas. And I love Christmas. Amen.

No comments: