Thursday, March 5, 2020

March 5 - “… calling my name”


Well, that was not a great day on my part.  Back issues.  Chris heated up our trusty rice bag to put on it.  The heat helped, but the spasm still remained. 

We had “take Cailyn and Alexis to school” duty.  Always a fun experience.  I take it upon myself to do my best to distract them from whatever has created such intensity of concentration upon their cell phones.  The most effective so far has been the random screaming of their name so I can let them know some obscure fact, like when I informed them about the fog outside, or what day it was, or the fact that one plus one most of the time equals two.  Doesn’t take much to keep me happy, especially in the morning.  Mornings are great. 

We went by Cailyn’s house on the way home to check on their dogs.  We decided to just leave them outside.  Bad choice.  Not five minutes after we got home, it started raining.  So we raced back over and put them back in the house.  They weren’t too wet.  Guess they were somewhat smart enough to stay out of the rain. 

Back home, Chris resumed her quilting adventure.   I tried to do some computer work, but the knot in my back got steadily worse.  I finally took some Tylenol and lived on a heating pad and the hot rice pack for the rest of the afternoon.  It seems to be a little better this morning, but I can hear the rice pack calling my name …

Psalms 40:1-2 says, “I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.”

Father, I could sure use some muscle relaxing today, especially on one particular part of my back.  Amen.

No comments: