Tuesday, March 10, 2020

March 10 – “Praise the Lord and wash your hands”


Monday, Monday, Monday.  As ever it was truly a work day.  I plopped myself down in front of the computer and stayed put for several hours before forcing myself to stretch my aching back muscles.  My back has been doing much better, by the way.  Definitely still a twitch back there, so I have been trying to be very careful with quick movements and the like.  I have to stay on the well side, since Chris is having a lot of trouble with her legs and back right now. 

She had another physical therapy appointment yesterday.  They seem to be honing in on which nerve it is that is causing the problem, but they can’t seem to find where the actual pinch is occurring.  She is being faithful to do the exercises they give her, though. 

When Chris got home she told me about a lady who was just leaving from her appointment.  She came into the lobby and doused her hands with sanitizer.  As she scrubbed them together, she approached the window to make her new appointments, all the while chatting amiably with the clerk.  He finally completed the task and said he would print the new schedule out for her.  Just as he reached for the papers, however, the lady yelled at him to stop.  “I don’t want you touching those papers,” she explained.  “I didn’t see you wash your hands in my presence.  I’ll get them myself.”  At which point she reached behind the screen and pulled the papers from the printer herself.  Now happy as a lark, she waved to the people in the waiting room, calling out as she punched the handicapped access button with her elbow, “All of you need to remember to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.  Have a nice day.”

Hmm.  Reminds me of that thing I saw on FaceBook.  Something like, “Praise the Lord and wash your hands, because Jesus and germs are everywhere.” 

1 John 5:14 says, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.”

Father, help us all get through this whole virus thing without scaring ourselves to death.  Amen.

No comments: