Thursday, March 12, 2020

March 12 – “Mission accomplished”


Guess I need to do a quick truck update here.  We took a pretty big hit on it this week.  It needed an inspection sticker, so we had to bite the bullet and approve repair of the horn.  Well, that turned out to be somewhat worse than I imagined.  The report was that both horns under the hood were bad, and the connection in the steering column was broken as well.  OK.  I knew about the connection in the steering column.  I saw that and even looked it up on YouTube.  But I didn’t even know there were two horns under the hood.  Oh, well, we now have two new horns and three horn connections that work.  The truck can once again make a horrendous noise to warn you to get out of my way. 

The other issue I was worried about was what appeared to be some kind of electrical ground problem with one of the headlights.  Everything else was brand new.  Well, come to find out, one of the new bulbs we just put in had a short in it.  New bulb … no problem.  At least that was an easy one.

As I was pulling away from the curb to head over to the mechanic shop, I turned on the windshield wipers to erase some of the fog that had accumulated therein.  And lo and behold, one of the blades tore apart from its casing.  That’s another expense.  At least I could let Dennis take care of it this time.  For some reason that is one of my least favorite car duties to perform.  I always forget how to get them on and off.  But that is now taken care of. 

The final task was a quick trip over to the old City Hall building to the county clerk’s office.  Time to get the registration for the truck paid and get a new sticker.  That was just a matter of waiting in line and writing a check.  Once I got home with all the paperwork, it took about three minutes to scrape off the old sticker and slap on the new one.  Finally.  Mission accomplished.  She is ready to roll.  Good thing, too.  Chris said the truck has received its quota of expenses for the year … or two … or three …

James 4:8 says, “Come near to God and he will come near to you.  Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”

Father, that’s a pretty good verse for all the hysteria that’s going around right now.  Wash hands.  Physically and spiritually.  Amen.

No comments: