Tuesday, March 24, 2020

March 24 – “SCSH”


Our county finally issued its version of a shelter-in-place order.  They called it a “Stay At Home” order.  Cute turn of the phrase, don’t you think?  I guess the idea is to keep people calm in the midst of the crisis.  I read it.  Sounds to me like there is no real change to what we’re supposed to be doing anyway.

We went for a walk yesterday.  We didn’t see too many people, but it is fascinating how talkative people can be.  We even saw one lady who rarely even acknowledges our presence.  She just sits on her porch doing nothing.  Not yesterday.  I waved at her like I usually do.  Chris said “Good morning” like she usually does.  And the lady’s face lit up like a Christmas tree.  She called back a greeting and then actually started a conversation with us.  I guess it’s because all of a sudden we all have something in common to talk about.

When we got home I went out and pulled some weeds in the front yard.  Core and Brennan rode by on their bikes.  After their ride the two of them came over and Chris came outside as well.  We had a little neighborly chat.  Kept our six-foot distance, though, so don’t report us to the quarantine police.

Someone else dropped by a tithe check to Seaside yesterday.  I need to get it down to the church so Cathy can pick it up and get it deposited along with the others I have.  Thanks to you folks for continuing to stay faithful even if we’re not meeting at the building. 

Posting early this morning.  I’m heading over to the SCSH - Senior Citizen’s Shopping Hour at WalMart.  6-7 a.m.  Not sure if Chris is coming.  She might still be in bed.

2 Corinthians 9:7 says, “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”

Father, thanks for those faithful folks who are going out of their way to give – to the church and to each other.  Amen.

No comments: