Wednesday, March 4, 2020

March 4 – “a baby sloth surrogate?”


I am in the throes of day two of a pain in the back.  Right across the middle just under my shoulder blades.  Feels like one massive muscle spasm that never goes away completely.  It started yesterday, but I took a walk anyway.  And I was able to get some sleep last night in spite of it.  I did wake up at 4 this morning, though.  Just a few hours earlier than usual.  Here we go …

I started work on the teaching for Sunday, along with all my other usual Tuesday details.  Chris headed out early for LaMarque.  She was on grandkid duty while Kel and Christina went car shopping.  They have been using just one car for some time now, but they really needed something that Kel could take back and forth to work.  The one they found I had never heard of.  Sonic.  I thought that was the home of the cherry limeade slushie.  Now it’s a car.  Hmm.  They must be branching out.  Wonder how it tastes … 

Cailyn spent the night with us last night.  Her Mom and Dad went to the rodeo.  They had tickets to the big concert by a group called Lufkin.  No, that’s not right.  Dalhart?  No.  Odessa?  No, but I think I’m getting closer.  Wait.  I’ve got it.  Midland.  I knew it was one of those obscure Texas towns.  Obviously I have never heard of them.  I haven’t heard yet whether they enjoyed the concert.  In fact, I’m not sure they ever really made it to the concert.  April posted a picture of her playing with a baby goat.  Ah … a baby sloth surrogate.  Nathan may not have been able to tear her away.

James 1:12 says, “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord promised to those who love him.”

Father, thank you for rodeo concerts and baby sloth surrogates.  They make April happy.  And we get to hang out with Cailyn.  Amen.

No comments: