Wednesday, September 4, 2019

September 4 – “Decisions, decisions”


We walked two miles and did some step climbing before it started raining yesterday.  Back to the old grind.  Now we’re working to get ready for our trip to Panama.  I guess there are places to walk to down south as well. 

I spent the rest of the morning at my desk working on a Bible study for Home Group and a sermon for Sunday.  Chris finally called me away to have a bite to eat for lunch.  But then I went right back at it.  I was pretty engrossed in the Book of Hosea when a text kind of startled me.  It was my barber (is it OK to call you “Barber,” Suzann?).  She was letting me know she had an opening right then, if I wanted to come on over.  I jumped at the chance.  I have had little hairlet particles creeping down into my ears for several days now.  Drives me crazy.  Suzann took care of me, though.  Even took the time to sculpt my beard a little.  She said it needed her more than the hair did.  I wouldn’t know.  It doesn’t attack my ears. 

We have been saving up some money to try to get the truck fixed.  Well, to get a few things of the many that need to be fixed, fixed.  Finally connected with our mechanic Dennis to talk to him about it.  Now we have the estimates.  All that remains is the decision on how much we can actually spend.  Simple?

Last night we drove into Texas to watch Jachin play in his first Fall League baseball game.  They play at Memorial Park up there.  He started the game at first base, and displayed his instinct/knowledge of the position.  Even his coach obviously recognized that Jachin knew where to go and when.  And even though he grounded out twice, he had his team’s only RBI of the game.  They were defeated rather soundly, but we were proud of him, as usual.  After all, the Astros lost, too, didn’t they?

Deuteronomy 31:6 says, “Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Father, help us with this truck repair decision.  A second vehicle would sure be helpful around here.  Amen.

No comments: