Monday, September 23, 2019

September 23 – “Good day … Daze-y day”


I confess that I am sitting at my desk in sort of a daze this morning.  Oh, church went great yesterday.  And we went to lunch afterwards with a group of Seasiders over at the Sea Isle Marina, so that was really good company.  OK food.  I understand that I should have ordered a hamburger.  They apparently have a really good one.  Maybe next time.  The Astros took care of business, clinching the division title and winning victory number twenty for Justin Verlander.  George Springer even hit three home runs.  I heard the Cowboys won their game, and I actually saw the last few minutes of the Texans’ victory.  I heard from a guy in our neighborhood who wants to talk about a vows renewal with his wife.  Always a good thing.  So all in all, yesterday was a good day.


I just happened to wake up feeling tired and sore.  It happens.  I’m thinking the wild and crazy trip to Glen Rose and the miles upon miles in the car may just be catching up with me.  Also, I have been having some unusual headache-y pain behind my left eye.  Comes and goes.  Yesterday was a “comes” day.    

I am anticipating a walk this morning, however.  I’m pretty sure that is in Chris’ plans for the day.  I am also anticipating spending most of the day right here at my desk.  That’s what Monday generally looks like from my perspective.  Guess I need to get started here before Chris gets out of bed.  That way it’ll look like I’ve been really working …

Psalms 23:3 says, “He refreshes my soul.  He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.”

Father, I could use some of that refreshing today.  Looking forward to whatever you have in store.  Amen.

No comments: