Friday, September 13, 2019

September 13 – “A milestone …”


I woke up in kind of a funk yesterday, and stayed that way pretty much all day.  I guess it was because we didn’t get home from the Astros game until almost midnight, and then I woke up around 4:30.  Not a good combination …

We found another dead rat under our satsuma tree.  I told Chris I was sure he tried to make the now-death-defying leap from the fence to the tree … and failed.  She was pretty sure it was one of two other possibilities.  What were those?  One, someone is poisoning them.  Or two, Freddy is becoming quite the little mouser.  Maybe she thinks she is a cat.  We have our regular pest control guy coming next week, so we’ll ask him what we can do to get rid of them.  Or at least make them feel less welcome.

I have to confess that I did some dozing in the afternoon.  I was just exhausted beyond repair.  Well, I guess I wasn’t beyond repair.  The catnaps did help.  A lot. 

Home group hit a milestone last night.  We actually completed the Book of Numbers.  Chris looked it up in her notebook … we started the study in July of 2018.  A little over a year.  That sounds like a long time, but hey, the Israelites wandered in the wilderness for forty years, right?  And in our study … they are not there yet.  Still have to get through Deuteronomy.  So is Moses just stalling?  Does God really have a plan for them to get on into the Promised Land?  Here we go on our next year’s adventure …

Psalms 59:16 says, “But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.”

Father, we just talked about cities of refuge last night.  Thanks for being our city of refuge.  And we don’t even have to leave home to reach you.  Amen.


No comments: