Wednesday, August 7, 2019

August 7 – “Wildlife alert”


And so the countdown has begun.  Cousins Camp in T-minus 36 hours (or so) …

Chris engaged in a flurry of activity again yesterday.  She cleaned house.  At least right up to the point of vacuuming.  That’s generally my job.  I did it, but discovered that both wheels are falling off of the silly machine.  It works fine, save for the terrible drag.  Glad we only have two rugs.  But back to Chris.  She was tired, but she considered it a bit of a test for Cousins Camp.  She is still willing to give it a shot. 

I started trying to work ahead toward clearing next week’s work stuff.  I still have a long way to go.  Should have some time today to get back on that.  I also noted all the new stuffed animal buddies in my digital file.  At Chris suggestion, I also added a picture of each one so we can look up where they all came from … and when.  That will certainly be helpful when we inevitably forget.  Oh, the things we do to try to adjust to aging …

Wildlife alert … Chris went out into the back yard, and she was greeted by the swoop of a hawk down toward the grass in front of her.  And then just as he flew away, another movement caught her eye.  A rat appeared on the Critter Highway of our back fence, madly dashing toward the safety of a bush.  Guess he thought it prudent to get out of sight quickly.  Chris told Freddy that she’d better watch out if there are going to be hawks coming to visit.  She’s not that much bigger than the rats …

We went to WalMart to pick up the developed photos from our waterproof camera.  It held the pictures we attempted to take when we did white water rafting.  The ones on land and in the bus came out pretty dark, but the outdoor ones of scenery and while we were on the water were pretty good.  Well, except for the two I tried to take in the midst of an “exciting” dip in the rapids.  One is a closeup of … something.  The other has a bit of water in the background, but looks like my arm jostled right in the way.  Must have been one of those times when Chris feared for my safety and courageously grabbed me to hold me in the raft.  Ah, more memories …

Isaiah 43:2 says, “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”

Father, we could use that protection in the waters at Cousins Camp.  Amen.

No comments: