Saturday, August 3, 2019

August 3 – “A Trifecta of Sonly Compassion”


I learned something on TV the other day.  Imagine that?  Here it is … How high is the St. Louis arch?  114 ½ Jose Altuve’s.

I had an interesting revelation to start my day yesterday.  After completing my blog entry I realized that I didn’t HAVE to do anything.  For the first time since we got home from Alaska I could really stop for a minute.  Of course I still had an ailing wife to look out for.  I made sure she was drinking and not getting dehydrated and all that per Nathan’s instructions.  So what to do now?  Maybe read a book?  Actually I tried that.  Fell asleep.

I made myself a frozen waffle for breakfast and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch while Chris slept and sipped on Sprite and Gatorade.  She did manage to keep down a piece of toast, too.  For supper she talked me through making chicken and dumplings.  She even joined me in eating it.  A little bit of it, anyway.  I would say that’s an improvement.  She also sat up on the couch a lot through the afternoon.  She has started doing a lot of coughing now though.  Better that vomiting, I guess. 

Noa called and talked to her for a while.  That encouraged her a lot.  Then I got a call from Ezra.  It was a FaceTime call, but all I could see was the top of his head.  Fun talking to him.  Josh called to check in next.  Among other things we talked a little about Cousins’ Camp that is scheduled for next week.  We’ll see how Chris does between now and then.  Kel also called on his way home from work to check on his Mom.  That completed the trifecta of sonly compassion.  Gotta love our boys. 

Proverbs 19:21 says, “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”

Father, thank you for our boys and their families.  It’s great to see the love they have for their Mama.  Amen.

No comments: