Saturday, August 17, 2019

August 17 – “Happy birthday, Chris”


Yep.  That’s it.  Today is my beautiful bride’s birthday.  It’s the big one.  Well, one of the big ones.  After all, after a certain point in life, you come to realize that the next one is the big one.  I won’t say out loud how old she is, though, so don’t ask me (You might check with public records of the Social Security Administration). 

I finished another day of our pictures.  We have arrived in Whittier and boarded the cruise ship.  It is slowly sailing out of port, headed for … wherever was next.  Maybe I’ll get to some more of that today.

We started on our way to see Betty Head yesterday.  The traffic was backed up going out of town, though, and was beginning to pick up coming into town.  What were we thinking?  Leaving the Island on a Friday?  We will shoot for Monday after I get my new tooth crown installed.

We did swing by WalMart to pick up some supplies for church.  I also got some silicone.  I plan to attack and replace our leaky bathroom faucet in the master bathroom at some point when I get brave enough.

I might have begun the attempt yesterday, but we got a call from Christina.  They wanted to come by after picking up Kel from work.  She brought along some pork roast and rice and salad.  Chris had already fixed a turkey pot pie.  Good feed.  After dinner we watched some Little League World Series baseball.  Always a fun afternoon. 

Not sure quite yet what is on tap for Chris’ birthday.  Maybe watch a movie or an Astros game on TV.  I hope she has a lot of calls and texts and FaceBook well wishes.  Hint … Hint …

Love you, Chris.

Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.”

Father, thank you that in the midst of an ever changing world (politically, socially, religiously) we can count on the fact you never change.  We could sure use some stability.  Amen.


No comments: