Monday, May 28, 2018

May 28 – “Zzzz-snghll-huh?”


It was one of those wild and crazy, Memorial Day weekend days at church.  Around 70 people were there (I lost count in the mid-60’s).  There were six in the King’s Kids group with Chris.  Seven or eight teenagers.  Lots of out of towners.  All this in spite of traffic being typically bad all over the island.

We made our way home after church, had some spaghetti for lunch, and settled in.  Read here, I turned the Astros game on.  Later in the afternoon I woke up from a brief nap (Of course it was a brief nap.  I would never miss the Astros game just for sleep, would I?) to find Chris and Cailyn missing.  I roused up and called their names.  Nothing.  I shuffled around the house.  Nope.  I checked the back yard.  Not there either.  I thought maybe they went for a walk, so I went to the front door.  And there they were.  Returning from a walk?  Oh, no.  They were out in the new car playing with the new bells and whistles.  In fact, when they realized I was awake, they called me using the car’s ability to connect with Chris’ phone.  Check.  And then I called them back.  They answered through the car’s system.  Check.  I guess all systems checked out. 

Later we went to WalMart to get some groceries to cook today.  It was packed to the gills, as my Dad used to say.  And it is always a real treat to go to WalMart in Galveston on a holiday weekend.  So many people watching opportunities.  Like the lady loading her groceries into her car wearing the lacy, nightgown-looking thing that turned out to be a non-covering covering for her bathing suit.  Interesting?  I asked Chris if she wanted me to get her one of those.  She said no.  Didn’t even think about it.  Imagine that.

And after that excursion I played some Egyptian RatKiller with Cailyn and Chris.  I smoked ‘em.  Then we adjourned to the back yard where I played some serious hide and seek in the back yard with Cailyn and Chris.  I smoked ‘em.  Great day.  Great day.

Psalms 66:5 says, “Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf!”

Father, thank you for a relaxing Sunday afternoon with a couple of really special girls.  Amen.

No comments: