Monday, May 21, 2018

May 21 – “BOB, FOG, DOG”


We went to see BOB amid the FOG before DOG.  How’s that for an interesting Sunday morning?  Who is Bob?  Is it Mr. Bob of “Jesus loves you and I love you and there ain’t a thing you can do about it” fame?  It wasn’t foggy yesterday, was it?  I mean, it did rain a bit, but that stopped before 10:00.  And we do have a few dogs who attend church every week, but what do they have to do with Bob and Fog?  Well, thanks to our Worship Pastor Jim we have an answer, and a simple one at that.  See, yesterday as part of our Seaside worship experience, we went to see a Baptism on the Beach (BOB), after which we gathered together as the Church and same to celebrate being the Family of God (FOG), followed by a rousing Dinner on the Grounds (DOG) back at the church building.  BOB, FOG, DOG.  Makes perfect sense.  At least to Jim …

After a somewhat sober start to the service with several serious prayer times, including one for the Santa Fe community, it was indeed exciting to be a part of Wendy’s baptism.  I especially appreciated her husband Dan joining her in the waters and literally standing behind her to help her up out of the water.  Very meaningful occasion for them, I’m sure.  Back at the church while waiting for dinner to start, I had a conversation with another lady who has been contemplating baptism as well.  She has been a believer for some time but has never been immersed after she committed to the Lord as an adult.  After seeing Wendy’s baptism, she seems committed to following through with her own.  She planned to talk with her husband about it this week.  Great to see baptism doing what it’s supposed to do … witness to the world about a relationship with Jesus. 

Psalms 63:6-8 says, “On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.  Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.  My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.”

Father, thank you again for Wendy and for her life before you.  Continue to use her to touch people’s lives.  Amen.

No comments: