Thursday, May 10, 2018

May 10 – “Big Squat, Winky, and Speedy”


Well, I forgot to mention yesterday that Caleb’s baseball game went really well.  He played a variety of positions, from center field to second base.  He fielded each position well, and all his throws were on-point accurate.  He even tried out a new hitting stance.  Think Hall of Famer Jeff Bagwell.  Legs apart.  Toes pointed outward.  Big squat.  It seemed to work for him, though.  He got two hits and was thrown out on a close call at first his third time up.  He made a valiant effort, though.  A great slide to the foul side just like the pros do it. 

And AnnaGrace is learning to flirt.  Apparently it’s just with me though.  Maybe I squint my old eyes too much around her, but she started catching my attention and winking both eyes at me.  Of course I returned the favor, and a star was born.  Her, not me. 

Luke’s has one of those little electric cars that he got from his cousins.  Only thing is, it just doesn’t go fast enough.  Not a problem around this house.  He had a big brother.  Zak pushes him to get him a racing start, then lets him go down the hill.  He also a train riding toy.  It comes complete with a plastic track.  The idea is to put the train at the top of the slightly raised track, put the toddler inside it, and let gravity take it slowly down its course.  Nice enough, right?  Sure … for AnnaGrace.  Again, not fast enough for Luke.  So he figured out how to ride it like a skateboard to get it up to adequate speed.

Speaking of Luke, we had a discussion about hair color.  His is clearly brown.  The only other person he feels connected with in this regard is Cousin Micah, who also has brown hair.  Mine?  Oh, my hair is easy to designate.  My hair color is clearly, head-shakingly, obviously white.  But then, I am DadDad.  That explains that.  

Psalms 61:1-2 says, “Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.  From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”

Father, I do love our little mini-trips, but it’s great to be home.  Thanks for watching over it.  Amen.

No comments: