Friday, May 18, 2018

May 18 – “ocular repairo?”


We left Nacogdoches in the rear view mirror.  Well, after Chris made a daring dash across three lanes of traffic to get to the U-turn lane.  What made it daring?  Mainly because we don’t know yet "what condition the transmission is in."  Hey, does that sound like a song title to anyone else? 

We took the loop around Lufkin (about ten minutes away) and arrived in Diboll in plenty of time for the funeral.  That’s passing through four towns in less than 30 minutes.  We did find out that Angelina College has a huge statue of a road runner that rivals only the one in Fort Stockton.  But … Fort Stockton’s wins.  It takes up half a city block.

We left Diboll right after the funeral, around 10:45, and headed for the coast.  Next stop, though was Lunch in Livingston.  No particular reason why there, other than really good alliteration.  We went to Sonic.  Soso food.  Pretty good service though.  At least our carhop’s name was awesome … Titi.

I confess.  I slept a lot of the way home from there.  Tried to read some Harry Potter but it was no use, even with a cherry limeade slush at my side. 

Once we got home, we quickly unloaded the car and raced down to the eyeglasses shop.  But … no luck.  They had to order a new frame.  Three days to arrive.  I am Harry Potter for three days, folks.  Anyone know the “ocular repairo” charm?  Hermoine, where are you when I need you?  Actually, I think I will try out that new study that says not as many people really need glasses as originally supposed.  All they have to do is train their brain to compensate.  Not sure how good a brain trainer I am, though.  Oh well, here goes.

Psalms 63:1 says, “O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.”

Father, thank you for the safe trip home.  Now please help us with all of our decisions regarding glasses and a new car and sore knee.  Amen.

No comments: