Sunday, May 27, 2018

May 27 – “It. Is. Done”


It.  Is.  Done. 

Yep.  We have gone and done it.  It has been ten years since we last did something so … so … earth-shattering.  Well, OK, it’s not really earth-shattering, but it does rock our world more than a little bit.  We bought a new car.  Not a used car.  A brand new Chevy Equinox.  29 miles on it.  And that’s including the eight we put on it in the test drive.  Well, that would be me that did the test drive.  Chris wouldn’t drive it until it was ours, but the moment we signed the papers, she pushed me out of the way and established her spot behind the wheel for the training session on all the new features.  She might let me drive it every now and then, but I get the distinct impression that this will be her car. 

Let’s see … June 6th.  Well, I’m about a week or two early, but … Happy Anniversary, Chris.  I love you.

Psalms 66:3-4 says, “Say to God, ‘How awesome are your deeds!  So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you.  All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing praise to your name.’”

Father, thank you for transportation.  Especially the comfortable kind.  And thank you even more for my wife.  May she enjoy it for ten more years.  Amen.

No comments: