Saturday, May 26, 2018

May 26 – “Cherry Concrete”


We took a business jaunt into Texas yesterday.  We were out of several things at Seaside (Like communion crackers.  We had a crisis accident last Sunday and our stash ended up on the floor).  That one necessitated a trip to Lifeway to replenish the stock. We also went by Sam’s to restock the usual paper towels and toilet paper kind of stuff.  It is getting to be summer, after all.  Around here that means lots more people using the retreat center as well as visiting the church.  Oh, and we stopped at JoAnn’s as well.  That’s a fabric/craft store right by Lifeway.  They were having a big half-price sale on scrapbooking materials, and Chris is working on a scrapbook to commemorate our trip to DisneyWorld a few years ago. 

I have to say here that the highlight of the trip (aside from the rainstorm we had to drive through) came on our way back home.  We passed one of those huge private dump trucks.  On the rear of the truck was what appeared to be a company sticker.  As we got closer I read it … “Cherry Concrete.”  Interesting.  I have never tasted cherry concrete before.  Never even tried regular flavored concrete, in fact.  Hmm.  Maybe we can get them to repair the street we live on.  I wouldn’t mind a red street, just so it didn’t have so many potholes.  Cherry Concrete.  I’m still pondering that one.

We are back in parent mode again.  Had to take Cailyn to softball practice.  When we got there she was one of only two girls on hand.  More came later, but I felt bad leaving the one coach out there by himself, so I jumped in to help all I could.  Started out behind the plate returning missed pitches to the mound.  As more and more girls arrived, I switched to the field to help shag balls.  Here is my official pronouncement for the day: It is not a good idea to shag balls with no glove and a bad knee.  I was pretty sore last night, and even woke up to it throbbing this morning.  But I got in a lot of steps …

Psalms 66:1-2 says, “Shout with joy to God, all the earth!  Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious!”

Father, thank you for interesting signs … and flavors.  Makes life interesting.  And fun.  Amen.

No comments: