Saturday, October 7, 2017

October 7 – “The Moses Trip – Day Four”

I’m an acorn, small and round
Lying on the cold, hard ground.
Everyone walks over me
That is why I’m cracked, you see
I’m a nut.  I’m a nut.  I’m a nut, I’m a nut, I’m a nut.

Silver Dollar City day
Lauren drove, so don’t dismay
Thru traffic circle Bob she led
Round and round and oh, my head!

Some days words just come with ease
Ginormous? Well, slap my knees!
This Missouri different is
Two spelled T-U-E!  Gee Whiz!

Concerts are Dianne’s forte
Cajun, gospel, come what may
Even when her son dared call
Put him off.  Oh, my, what gall!

Bob and Amber said good bye
Left us all with tear in eye
Barbecue and funnel cakes
Bryan’s queasy, goodness sakes!

Now here’s one more word of thrill
It involves our good friend Bill
Seems the soggy bottom gals
Raft with Bill as their new pal

Branson Belle meal on a boat
How’d they get that boat to float?
Built on land, so Gary said
On bananas to lake slid

Spent some time upon the lake
Full moon photos we did take
Which direction did we go?
Don’t ask Chris, she doesn’t know

After we all had our sup
Then the curtain lifted up
What would follow, we knew not …
Then they put Bill on the spot

First Cassandre noticed him
Sang him a love song on a whim
Quartet guys got him a stool
Bill joined in – hey!  Bill is cool!

Our hero’s night had just begun
The magic guy joined in the fun
Kitty apron, sugar spread
Dianne could but shake her head

Magic tricks Bill did perform
Laughed so hard our sides were worn
Even in the parking lot
Selfie with Bill a young fan got

Though we have a long trip home
And our last day in unknown
On this thing we all agree
Lauren’s trips the best will be!

1 John 1:7 says, “If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his son cleanses us from all sin.”


Father, it’s a lot easier to say thank you for the fellowship we have with one another than it is to say thank you for that blood.  But without the blood, everything else kind of pales.  So … thank you.  Amen.

No comments: