Wednesday, October 25, 2017

October 25 – “Lucy Too Two”

Well, my baseball year is almost complete now.  The Astros made it to the World Series.  I received a surprise t-shirt commemorating that event from Nathan and April and Cailyn (which I wore, by the way, while watching the first game of the Series last night).  That’s two out of the three goals I set for the Astros back when the season started.  Now my final goal for the team?  I would consider this a great season if they could win at least one World Series game.  That’s something that has never happened before in franchise history (They were swept by the White Sox the only other time they made it.  I got to go to one of those games thanks to the generosity of my younger brother.  Well, I decided the generosity was actually that of his wife.  It was her ticket he gave me).  As you can see, I am in this fan thing for the long haul.  Already a good year.  One win makes it a great one.  Taking the series would be a mind-boggling bonus.

Chris did some doggie-Cupid trolling yesterday.  She saw online a notice about a lab that needed a new family to love.  Housebroken, kennel-trained and gets along well with children.  Kel and Christina have been considering getting a dog for their kids since their old dog Lucy wandered away and has not been seen since.  Christina wanted a bigger one for protection.  So Chris brought the two together in what could turn out to be an epic masterpiece of matchmaking.  The new dog’s name?  Lucy.  The kids will be going over to meet Lucy Too Two on Thursday to see if there might be a good match.  We’ll see.

1 John 4:14-16 says, “And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.  If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God.  And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.”


Father, help Kel and Christina make the right decision for them on the new dog front.  Amen.

No comments: