Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October 4 – “Moses Trip – Day One”

OK.  I admit I have been holding back on this little story so I could post it today.  See, we are leaving at 6 a.m. for Branson, so that doesn’t leave me a lot of time to pack my suitcase AND write a blog post.  We’ll see how the posting thing goes over the next few days, but for today …

We were in the car the other day with Cailyn, and … well, let me just let you listen in …

Cailyn: “Hey, Nani, what music do you like to listen to, other than gossip songs?”
Me: “Gossip songs?”
Chris: “She means gospel.”
Me: “How did you …?”
Chris (Shushing me and continuing her conversation with Cailyn): “I like country.”
Cailyn (Excitedly): “Me too.  I love country.  But I want to introduce you to something.  It’s called jazz and my Mommy and me really like it.”

Hmm.  New sound there, Chris.  Think you can handle it?

Quick report on my visit with the neurosurgeon.  X-rays yesterday.  MRI next Tuesday.  Return visit the week after that.  He apparently doesn’t do surgery at the drop of a hat, so at this point my guess is I’ll just have to live with it.  But … don’t make it a problem before it is a problem.  My next move on this front is putting together the $1,012 for the MRI.  (Wonder who gets that extra $12).

Ephesians 2:8-9 says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”


Father, give us a safe trip.  And would you ride along with us?  Oh, and thank you for your grace.  Amen.

No comments: