Friday, October 6, 2017

October 6 – “Moses Trip – Day Three”

I’m an acorn, small and round
Lying on the cold, hard ground.
Everyone walks over me
That is why I’m cracked, you see
I’m a nut.  I’m a nut.  I’m a nut, I’m a nut, I’m a nut.

One quick thing ‘bout where stayed we
Couldn’t at first find the key
Church right there called Open Doors
We could just sleep on their floors

Key all found, first day is done
PK’s song was lots of fun
Dianne checked for bears, aha
Warned, “stay close to gadadada”

Sammy Stick Bug came to call
Then we heard of Moses’ fall
Discipline was what he got
Guess we need it, do we not?

Downtown Branson, shopping day
Pumpkins came, oh, by the way
Suzann – Chico’s, Chris - J. Jill’s
Firehouse Pizza gave us fills

Bryan’s turn to drive our truck
Traffic circle? He got stuck
Suzann had another plan
Zipline so we’d see the land

Dianne prayed, Amber held on
Chris said, “Shut up” – more than one!
And Suzann in her sweet way
Laughed with evil glee, I say

Finally, it’s Moses Time
And the show was worth our dime
Acting, singing, special tech
And my favorite – a yak!

“Bible Study,” Lauren said,
“Helped keep things straight in my head.”
Met some folks from GalVESton
Indiana was their home

Last event of our planned day
Haygoods concert fell our way
Rousing music, talent, too
Then stopped for TP and some food

John 15:5 says, “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.


Father, help us to remember that we can abide in you.  We don’t want to be apart from you … ever.  Amen.

No comments: