Thursday, October 5, 2017

October 5 – “Moses Trip - Day Two”

I’m an acorn, small and round
Lying on the cold, hard ground.
Everyone walks over me
That is why I’m cracked, you see
I’m a nut.  I’m a nut.  I’m a nut, I’m a nut, I’m a nut

Event planner, her forte,
Lauren’s work brought us this day.
Now she’s driving, Bryan, too.
Jen’s excited, how about you?


Those Lami’s are quite the card
One day early left the yard
Six A.M.!  But now we wait
Seems Suzann’s a little late

Bob and Amber couldn’t wait
Got through Houston well ‘fore eight
Soon the West End group arrive
Time for us to hit the drive

OK started us with prayer
Site Search Game was our first dare
On the causeway Jen did snore
Houston traffic, what a bore

First rest stop, I don’t know how
Nearest town?  It was Moscow!
Update from the Site Search blog
Rusty Rooster and Log Dog

Oops in Nacogdoches town
Missed our exit, turned around
Hospitals and Jen’s “Strange” toy
Sam’s proof photos, boy oh boy

After lunch things settled down
Bryan’s phone led us around
I was sad when Cathy said,
“Sorry, folks, but Bambi’s dead.”

Stuffed my pillow to my jaw
And I woke up in Arkansas
Why’s Chris quiet through this range?
She’s just watching the leaves change

Arkansas towns need some luck
Pickles Gap and old Toad Suck
Suzann made it through the day
So no make up’s here to stay

Bill, Dianne, Amber and Bob
Stopped to eat, though not a gob
Saw some ladies bow to pray
Found some family, I say!

Rolled on into Branson town
Singing waitress did astound
Later heard how Moses grew
To be secure in God – you, too!

Galatians 5:22-23 says, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  Against such things there is no law.”


Father, use our time here to learn about you and to glorify who you are.  Help us while we are here to reflect those fruit of the Spirit better today than we did yesterday and even better tomorrow.  Amen.

No comments: