Sunday, June 25, 2017

June 25 - “Business, business, business”

We were back at it, hard and heavy, yesterday.  It was yard work day again.  One of the trials of living in Paradise, yard work day comes a little more often, at least once a week.  If you stay on top of it, though, it gets to where it doesn’t take quite as long, even after a drenching courtesy of Tropical Storm Cindy.  I finished pruning the tree that was intruding upon the cable and telephone wires coming to the house.  I lopped off a few other branches here and there as well.  I had to try out my brand new inch and three quarters, beasty pruning shears that Nathan gave me for Father’s Day.  Absolutely one of the best yard tools (short of power tools, of course) that exists today.

During my subsequent recuperation period I did some more work on the sermon for today.  I also returned some phone calls about possible weddings later in the summer.  I got the dates confirmed on all of them.  Finalized the time on another.  Even did my question array for personalizing of the ceremony with one of the brides.  Ah, business, business, business.

Also put together some media stuff for the P & B Breakfast at Seaside this coming Saturday from 7 to 11 a.m.  Proceeds go toward purchase of new playground equipment.  I know it’s a holiday weekend, but hey, you still gotta eat.  Everybody’s gotta eat.  There’s the commercial.  Well, except for the explanation of P & B, I guess.  It’s simple, really. Pancakes and Bacon.  Can’t beat bacon, right?

Chris is still working on the center square of the current quilt she is working on.  How she combines all those squares and triangles into stars other patterns is beyond me.  She’s amazing, in case you didn’t know.

And today we get to stop by the donut shop to get some for church.  That means a bit of an early departure.  So I better switch gears and go over my teaching notes again. 

James 2:8 says, “If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself,’ you are doing right.”


Father, join us at Seaside today.  Draw people to church who you want to be there.  And show us how best to minister to them.  Amen.

No comments: