Saturday, June 24, 2017

June 24 – “Back home”

Well, I guess we are officially back home again.  Tropical Storm Cindy has come and gone.  Basically a non-event for our area.  We were supposed to have Cailyn for the day while her parents both worked, but I got a text from Nathan around 5:30 to let me know she had been throwing up all night.  He was staying home with her so he could take her to the doctor.  Poor baby.

We did walk our three miles again.  It wasn’t quite as hot as the last time we walked … whenever that was.  It was before our two-day vacation whirlwind, so I don’t remember much.  We also went shopping.  Real shopping, though.  Not WalMart.  Amazing, I know.  But the thing is, we already searched WalMart for the specific item we were looking for, and they didn’t have it.  What item?  Now it was for a birthday gift.  I can’t tell you that yet.  Quit snooping.

We thought about going into Houston to check out another swing set company for the church.  I just couldn’t bring myself to get back into the car again so soon after our 15 hour marathon the other day.  Any of you Seasiders want to go play on some swingsets?  Let me know.

We enjoyed a random FaceTime call from Josh’s kiddos.  Zak and Caleb had just completed their respective weeks of camp.  Zak went to pre-teen camp, which is a massive, week-long overnighter.  We saw a video of him climbing a rock wall, so the venue looked pretty exciting.  Caleb spent the days of last week at Zoo Camp.  He got to pet turtles and snakes.  The news about the latter was not received too well by Nani.  Not a great fan of snakes.  She’s such a girl.  We also got to say hi to AnnaGrace.  She showed us the toys she was currently enraptured by.  Never saw Luke.  Guess he was either asleep or overly busy.  Things can get pretty hectic when you are three years old, you know. 

We also watched an old Star Trek movie.  Well, I watched it while Chris did some quilting at the table.  Gotta love ol’ Kirk and Spock and my personal favorite, Scotty.  Sigh.  Brought back memories of college days … watching an episode of Star Trek every day from 5 to 6 p.m. on my little black and white TV, right before heading over to supper.  Ah, the good old days. 

James 2:5 says, “Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?”


Father, thank you for old memories.  And thanks for the chances you give us every day to make new ones.  Amen.

No comments: