Friday, November 4, 2016

November 4 – “Sprawled”

Oh, boy.  Last night was one of those where the best hour of sleep I got was the one where I was sprawled out on the bathroom floor, afraid to go too far from … well, you get the picture.  It started back up again this morning, too, so I’m not completely convinced I am done with it.  Still pretty queasy.  I just had a banana and I’m continuing on to pineapple, grapes and an orange before I tackle toast and a cup of coffee.  I know, you were with me right up until that last item.  Easy on the coffee.  I get it.  Well, I mean I’ll get it.  Right after my toast pops up. 

It’s biker rally weekend in Galveston, so we have big plans … stay home.  Our worship pastor and his band are actually playing today and tomorrow at the Peanut Butter Warehouse on the Strand, so if we were to venture into the madness that’s where we would go.  But allow me to reiterate … we already have big plans to stay at home. I already received a text this morning from the biker group staying at the church retreat center.  They didn’t know what the code was for the wifi.  Easy enough to deal with … from home. 

If my stomach settles down I plan to do a little work on my Visual Verses book.  Chris has already started pulling out quilting stuff.  I really wanted to get the slow leak checked on one of the car tires, but having to cross 61st Street might be quite the ordeal.  We’ll see.  The World Series is over.  There are no college football games on TV until tomorrow.  Maybe I should just take a nap …

Galatians 6:7-8 says, “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.  The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”


Father, thank you for the ease-up in my stomach difficulties.  Amen.

No comments: