Tuesday, November 29, 2016

November 29 – “Christmas-ed”

The tree is done.  We finally had enough of a spare time window to get the rest of the ornaments hung.  Well, the rest of the ones that Chris wanted on the tree this year.  She has an amazing ability to see the finished product before construction begins, so I have learned to trust her judgment.  Oh, it still has a bit of an overload on the lower branches – the ones that our little guys could easily reach – but that in itself is part of the charm. 

Once that tree was done, Chris turned her attention to her next task.  She is quilting a quilt and diaper bag to donate to the Bethlehem Street Market silent auction at church.  (Time for a shameless commercial here.  Kind of like the Folger’s coffee that just happened to have been left out on the table in that Hallmark movie we watched last night.  The craft fair is December 10th at Seaside Church from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.  We still have some vendor spaces left, so you need to ask me for an application soon.  And you need to come buy stuff).  Anyway, she ran out of something or other, so she had to go off-Island to Hobby Lobby and get some more.  She did ask if I wanted to accompany her, but I really needed to get some work done for church.  So I stuck around and computered for a while.  Then I went out to the garage and did some carving.  Hey, it’s almost December.  I have to get Chris’ present done. 

When she got back home I worked until I reached a stopping point in the carving.  She had reached her limit for sewing for the day and had miraculously transformed the house into a Christmas wonderland.  Not over the top, by any means, but the manger scene collection had representative scattered throughout the house.  Kneeling Santas were going about their prayers.  And George the Elf (Not an actual Elf on the Shelf, mind you.  This guy was one of my earliest carving attempts) was moving around the house, looking for his next stop.  I suppose he’ll stay where he is until Cailyn comes over again and finds him. 

So … decoration boxes all back in the garage (well, except for the one with outside lights.  I forgot that we haven’t done those yet.  So, officially not finished after all.  Maybe a few elves will magically hung them up while we slept.  I’ll check when the sun comes up).  But as far as the inside of the house is concerned, we are done.  Don enough that Christi can go ahead and have that baby.  Come see me, AnnaGrace.

Ephesians 4:7 says, “But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it.”


Father, thank you for the excitement that is preparing for Christmas.  We’re preparing for that baby, too.  Watch over her and her Mommy.  Amen.

No comments: