Thursday, November 10, 2016

November 10 – “Let me finish …”

Yesterday afternoon Chris and I went up to Texas City to attend the funeral of Grayson Glass.  Kel was there as well.  He has been attending First Baptist Church in Texas City where Grayson was a member, so he knew several of the people there.  I knew the local pastors who came out.  We also got to say hi to the music pastor there who was in the same position at South Oaks Baptist Church in Arlington back when we were there.  I saw three or four folks who had been in the youth group at First Baptist back when I started going there to hold hands with my girlfriend.  All in all, the church was really packed.  Grayson was 87 years old and had obviously touched a lot of lives.  For me, the most impressive point in the whole service came when his granddaughter read a eulogy tribute to her granddad.  Well-spoken.  Then she followed up by accompanying the soloist on her violin.  Impressive young lady. 

While we were there Chris and I were scoping out their worship center chairs.  That’s on the list for Seaside.  Our stackable pews are really in rough shape, so we are looking to replace them with chairs.  That would give us more flexibility in setting up the worship center.  As we discussed it, Kel reminded us that he had done all the research already just a few years ago when he was pastor at Faith Bible Church.  He knew which website to go to and exactly how much they would cost.  Come to find out, the estimate we were using for our fund raising goal was way high.  Good news there.  I don’t think I will try to change the visual aid I worked on for that fund, though.  That is the bane of property ownership.  There will always be another capital expenditure.

The rest of my work day was spent focusing on my Visual Verses book.  I have about five more sections to complete and the whole thing will be finished.  Then I have to figure out how to print and bind it.  Just can’t afford to send it to a self-publisher right now.  Half of our property taxes are due at the end of the month and we still have to come up with enough to cover insurances that come due in January.  I have some ideas on the printing thing, though.  But let me finish the book first …

Ephesians 1:15-16 says, “For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.”


Father, again, please walk with Grayson’s family over the next few days.  Continue to give them the peace they displayed yesterday.  Amen.

No comments: