Wednesday, March 9, 2016

March 9 – “Ultimate Someone”

I once again drove all the way into Texas yesterday.  This time it was for a pastor’s meeting in Friendswood.  I almost talked myself out of going though.  I mean, besides the thought of leaving the Island, there was quite the threat of severe weather hovering over the area.  As it turned out, though, the weather pretty much held off, except for a few sprinkles when I arrived and one patch of thunderstorm on my way home.  The speaker was pretty interesting, and to top it off, everyone got a free copy of his book, Jesus on Leadership.  Looks pretty interesting.

Chris and I fell back into photo cleansing mode once I returned home.  It has been quite a job to get the digital photos we have into their proper file on our external hard drive so we can access them more easily in the future.  I know.  Even that is passé what with storage on the cloud and all.  I just have a hard time renting space in nothingness.  At least this way I feel like I own the photos.  Kind of like buying a house.  And like buying a house, the maintenance is a pain.  So far we have discovered that we don’t have administrator permission to access three of our photo files.  Well, actually make that two.  One of them suddenly allowed us back in, but whited out a handful of the individual pictures as not in our purview to gaze upon any longer.  Sigh.  Once again, I thought I was the administrator.  Great lesson to learn here, I guess.  There is always someone higher up with more control than you think you have.  I’m just glad my “Ultimate Someone” also loves me. 

Revelation 4:11 says, “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”


Father, thank you for loving me even in the midst of your awesome power.  Amen.

No comments: