Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March 16 – “Discovering Pasadena”

We made our trip into Texas yesterday to check on Jennifer of the Broken Legs.  She has finally been transferred to a rehab facility in Pasadena near east Beltway 8 and I45 – much closer to home than the last one way up north of I10 by Ikea.  She is still settling in, so no complaints about how hard physical therapy is yet.  She does seem ready to take it on, though.  She scored a really nice room this time.  It is much bigger than the last one, and even has a little table and a few chairs to add to its homey feel.  Sounds like the facility is having a difficult time with staffing, though.  Hopefully that won’t affect her ability to get the therapy she needs from here forward. 

After we left Jennifer we stopped at Carl’s Jr., a fast food place across the street for a burger.  I think we might have been to one before sometime in our history, but I sure don’t remember it.  I had a Western burger.  Not too bad.  After lunch we stopped in to a Craft and Antique Mall in the same parking lot.  Really big inside with row after row of vendor booths.  I would have to say, however, that the vast majority of them were crafts rather than antiques.  And some of the crafts were just things you can buy at Hobby Lobby (which, by the way was also in the same parking lot).  There were a few instances of baseball cards and comic books, and even some fire department paraphernalia, but nothing really old.  Don’t think I would hasten to make a return trip any time soon. 

Then it was off to the true second part of our Texas journey.  We had to stop at Lifeway Christian Store to get three things.  First was a New American Standard Version Bible I could use for teaching.  It has a word by word translation rather than thought by thought, so when I do that kind of teaching it will be much easier to follow.  It was not an easy one to find, though.  I think they might have had a total of five in the whole store.  I settled on one that will work well, though.  The other two items were both church related as well.  We are getting low on communion cups and baptism certificates, so I picked up refills of both.  Looks like we could have as many as five baptisms on Easter this year.  And I have been asked to do a baby dedication for a two-year-old the day before.  Easter is looking to be quite a busy weekend once again.  Exciting stuff.

Psalms 5:7 says, “But as for me, by Your abundant lovingkindness I will enter Your house, at Your holy temple I will bow in reverence for You.”


Father, thank you for getting Jennifer set up in her new digs.  Help her to really focus on PT and OT now.  And be with Bryan as he “walks” with her.  Amen.

No comments: