Thursday, March 17, 2016

March 17 – “In the marketplace”

Well, I suppose we officially have a new best friend at WalMart.  We were walking through the breakfast foods section – where they have the cinnamon rolls and apple turnovers and chocolate chip cookies.  Hmm.  I guess it’s not just a breakfast section.  Out of the corner of my eye I notice some movement from over near the in-store McDonald’s and the place where they make lunch things like fried chicken.  There was the checker we have been building a relationship with over the last few months.  The last time we had her in line she ended up throwing her hands in the air and saying she was praisin’ Jesus.  Meant it, too.  This time she ran up to us and immediately gave us both a hug, saying, “My church people.  These are my church people.”  That would be us, I suppose.  I reminded her again that we are having an Easter sunrise service on the beach.  She wanted to know when Easter was.  Lost track of the days.  I can understand that.  Happens to me all the time.  She assured us that if her church wasn’t doing anything, she wanted to come.  We’ll see … or not.  Either way, it is really fun to connect with another believer “in the marketplace” and not have to draw a picture of half a fish in the dirt and wait to see if she completes it before we start talking. 

Revelation 5:9-10 says, “And they sang a new song: ‘You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.’”


Father, walk with our new-found friend and sister in Christ.  May she have a spiritual impact on her WalMart world.  Amen.

No comments: