Monday, March 7, 2016

March 7 – “In both worlds”

We took Cailyn to her softball practice yesterday at the Lassie League fields.  The Galveston College Lady Whitecaps were playing a softball game at the same time on the neighboring field.  I positioned myself on the top row of the stands so that I could keep an eye on Cailyn and watch some of the Whitecaps game as well.  (The Whitecaps eventually won the game, by the way.  7-4). 

I must have stood out in my mediatorial-ish position, one foot in both worlds so to speak.  A gentleman from the college game walked over and offered this word of observation.  With a nod of his head toward Cailyn’s team of six and seven year olds, he offered: “Before you know it they will be playing over here.  Time goes by fast, you know.”  I could certainly agree with the truth in that statement, as well as the sentiment behind it.  (Doesn’t mean I have to particularly like it, though).  Can’t keep them youngsters forever, no matter how hard we try. 

Revelation 3:19 says, “Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.”


Father, thank you for the time we have with our little guys while they are little guys.  Keep them safe as they grow into big guys.  That’s their job, after all.  Amen.

No comments: