Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 6 – “Freeing up space”

We experienced what I would call a tedious day yesterday.  Oh, we had options, to be sure.  We could have gone to a few flag football games.  Sorry we missed those.  We talked about going to Moody Gardens to see the new Imax movie on the national parks.  We were even close to going to the new Bryan Museum that used to be an orphanage where I would play football once a week when I was in high school.  But alas, “the best lain plans” don’t always work out. 

Instead we spent the day in front of the computer.  That’s a typical day for me, but this time Chris joined me.  with the A&M and then the Baylor basketball games in the background, we plowed through the photos on her phone.  The idea was for her to locate the digital copy on the computer external hard drive, make sure it was in its proper place, and only then delete it from her phone.  Or not.  She kept  plenty of favorites to look at.  The point was to free up space for her to be able to take plenty of pictures when we go to DisneyWorld in May.  I think we are well on our way.  We worked our way all the way through to November of 2013 (working backwards from 2016).  She deleted around a thousand so far, but she still has 900 plus on there.  If anyone ever doubted that Chris was the Queen of Collecting Images, the Princess of Photography, I’m pretty sure our day yesterday can dispel any doubts. 

One weird thing did arise in our search.  When we got to December 2013 we discovered that we were not allowed access to one of the folders on our computer.  It said we had to contact our administrator for permission.  So wait.  I am the administrator.  I never kicked anyone out of permission to look at photos.  It wouldn’t even let me move the folder around or rename it.  Very strange.  Fortunately we had yet another backup plan.  That particular folder was among others we have also saved on Chris’s laptop.  I had to change the name slightly, but it worked to copy it and paste it back on the external drive in its proper place.  I probably wouldn’t have tried so hard, but the folder that was mysteriously restricted?  Christmas Day.  Gotta have Christmas Day. 

Revelation 2:10 says, “Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.”


Father, thank you for our Christmas Day recovery.  Those memories are pretty important to us.  Thanks for the recovery you pulled off on the first Christmas Day.  Impressive.  Amen.

No comments: