Thursday, September 24, 2015

September 24 – “I’m confused.”

OK.  Now I’m really confused.   Here’s the thing.  We heard from the neurosurgeon.  He left a voice mail that said I had a herniated disc that was a surgical event.  We could call to discuss it further.  So we called.  This time he said it was not a herniated disc, but a synovial cyst.  And that is not necessarily a surgical even, though it can be.  I asked if we could have a copy of the myelogram report for our records.  He said, “no problem.”  The very next day we received the myelogram report in the mail.  I read it as carefully as I could, then had Chris read it and tell me what it said.  The radiologist indicated in the report that the area in question was most likely NOT a cyst, but more likely a bulging disc.  OK, now wait a minute.  Disc.  Cyst.  Disc.  Surgery. Not necessarily surgery.  Does this mean surgery is back on the table as “likely” again? 

I needed a day to seek to regain my manic state in lieu of waiting until joy comes in the morning, so … I went fishing.  Maybe it will make more sense tomorrow.

Titus 3:4-5 says, “But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.”


Father, you well know that I stay pretty confused most days.  This one has been worse than usual.  I trust you.  Amen.

No comments: