Saturday, September 12, 2015

September 12 – “The Fateful Phone Call”

So, the fateful phone call has been made.  After dodging and putting it off for as long as I could (Hey, I had to take care of the hearing aid issue.  And the dentist.  I had to go to the dentist.  And then there was the issue with that chemo brain drug.  I finally got off that, by the way.  Started the replacement yesterday.  Specialty drug, this new one.  Has to come from a specialty pharmacy.  Seems fitting, though, since I’m so special, right?  Oh, ,and I also had to get in just one more fishing trip to begin re-stocking our freezer for future fish fry’s.  And the church work days.   Had to get those scheduled.  And Cailyn.  We had to take care of her off and on.  See?  I really wasn’t out and out dodging anything.  I was just too busy), I finally called them.  The neurosurgeon’s office that is in charge of ordering … the myelogram.  Ouch.  It hurts just thinking about it.  But today my back hurts worse than my memories of prior myelograms, so onward we go.  Once that call was made I had to wait for the hospital to call me back with times and instructions.  St. Luke’s in Houston.   At least it’s a biblical name.  

Yesterday we were in Home Depot, in line to purchase paint and paraphernalia for the church workday today.  And the phone rings.  Of course.  And it was the fateful phone call.  They were ready to schedule an appointment, and I left my calendar book in the car.  And it’s raining.  I have to be the one to pay since it is a tax exempt purchase, but I also have to be the one to talk to the hospital.  I tossed the tax number and credit card to Chris, opened up the umbrella and took off.  The scheduler was quite patient as we hurried through the rain together.  I made it to the car fairly dry, though.  And the scheduling began.  Next Tuesday at 1:00.  But be there by 11:30 to check in.  Bring insurance card and ID.  And no food or drink for four hours before 1:00.  Wait a minute.  I’m writing as fast as I can, but why do I have to be the one to figure that out?  Four hours before 1:00.  Couldn’t she have just said, “Don’t eat or drink after 9:00 a.m.”?  Too easy, I guess.  We got it all scheduled, though.  And now we wait.

Chris took care of the paint purchase with ease.  Those five gallon cartons of paint are sure heavy, though.  I’ll be happy to have some help getting them out of the car today.  Hint.  Hint …

2 Timothy 2:3 says, “Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.”


Father, thank you for apple tarts and hot coffee.  I know that’s kind of random, but I appreciate them nonetheless.  Amen.

No comments: