Saturday, July 11, 2015

July 11 – “More suited”

We had out grandkid charges for the night after home group.  The boys all slept on the floor in the den.  Noa made her way (with Nana’s help and a little rocking) to her pak-n-play in the blue bedroom.  Yesterday Micah was the first one up again, so he and I made the donut run.  We had to keep our energy level high, because it was yard work day.

I started out mowing.  Sadly, our old lawn mower once again remembered how old and tired it actually was, and it started sputtering out badly.  It did make one comeback attempt – enough to make me add a bit of gas and hope to finish.  Too little too late.  The excitement was gone.  I ended up cranking up the mower our neighbor gave me when he moved.  That one worked like a charm.  I think he may have put a turbo charged engine in the thing.

Micah hung around with me outside much of the time I was mowing.  When I switched to the weedeater, he stepped right in and manipulated the cord for me.  Really helped the process for me.  I even let him try his hand at it in the back yard.  He got really good at clearing those pesky sprouts from between the cracks in the concrete.  And he did well edging in the big area.  Had a bit of trouble, though, when he had to pick up the machine to edge around the hot tub area.  It just got too heavy for him.  That’s about the time he decided, “When we move into our new house, I think Jachin is more suited for yard work than I am.  I think I’ll let him do the mowing and stuff.” 

Now Chris had a great idea at one point.  Micah swept the grass on the sidewalk in the front yard into a pile.  Then she enlisted Josiah to scoop up the piles and carry them to the trash can.  Even Noa got into the act.  She held the dust pan for the boys.  Oh, and what about the oldest brother?  Jachin was inside reading a book.  But he did his part, too.  The times Chris worked with just Micah and Josiah he was the babysitter for Noa.  We gave each of them some money commensurate with their respective contribution to the effort.  That’s a high class way of saying Micah got the most, then Josiah, then Jachin.  Noa got some, too, but she was asleep when paychecks were handed out, so her Mommy is responsible to see that her cut finds its way into the piggy bank.  With all that help I had plenty of time to join Noa for an afternoon nap before the wedding rehearsal I had to attend last night. 

Isaiah 40:22 says, “He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers.  He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.”


Father, thank you for all that help I had yesterday.  And thanks for Chris’ ability to come up with a way for them all to be involved on their own levels.  Amen.

No comments: