Friday, July 11, 2014

July 11 – “Fail”

I went by one of the fire stations the other day.  It was around noon, and the guys had just eaten and were watching a video on TV.  At least I assumed it was a video of some kind since there was no incessant talk by an off-camera emcee.  It was a collection of mostly home video shorts of people doing stupid things and getting hurt as a result.  You know, the kind they show as montages on Funniest Home Vidoes.  The only indication of where it came from was a tiny bit of writing in the corner of the screen.  Is there a regular TV show called Fail?  I have never seen it, but that certainly doesn’t mean it is nonexistent.  Some of the videos were hilarious.  Others were, well, painful even to watch.  All in all, quite entertaining stuff to guys who spend their careers helping people out of just such messes. 

We did a FaceTime with Cailyn the other day as well.  She was just missing us and wanted to see us and say hi.  Now I am constantly amazed at Chris’ ability to talk on the phone, especially to our grandkids.  She can come up with questions to ask them that get them really talking to her.  Once I get past “Whatcha doin?” and “What’s Mommy and Daddy doin?” I’m usually at a loss.  As it turned out, “What’s Daddy doin?” got the answer of the week as far as I was concerned.  She replied, “Nothing.  Daddy had a lazy day.”  I followed with my predictable “How about Mommy?”  She countered with, “Mommy has a lazy day every day.”  April, April, April.  You must be working too hard, Girl. 

Well, I’m heading out to try some fishing this morning.  Gotta cut this one short.

2 John 6 – “And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.”

Father, protect the firefighters on duty and off today.  Walk with the family of the firefighter who died in Houston.  Amen.

No comments: