Sunday, June 22, 2014

June 22 – “Departure”

This is it.  Day of Departure.  On our way to Glorieta, New Mexico.  Here are the original verses of the song “I’m a Nut.”  Sung, of course, to the tune of, well, “I’m a Nut.” 

Day One

I’m an acorn, small and round,
Lyin’ on the cold, hard ground.
Everyone walks over me.
That is why I’m cracked, you see.

Chorus: I’m a nut.  I’m a nut.  I’m a nut.  I’m a nut. I’m a nut.

Called myself on the telephone
Just to see if I was home.
Asked me out for a little date.
Picked me up about half-past eight.

Chorus: I’m a nut.  I’m a nut.  I’m a nut.  I’m a nut. I’m a nut.

Took me out to a movie show.
Stayed too late and said, “Let’s go.”
Took my hand and led me out.
Drove me home and gave a shout.”

Chorus: I’m a nut.  I’m a nut.  I’m a nut.  I’m a nut. I’m a nut.

Exodus 15:13 says, “In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed.  In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling.”

Father, grant us some safety on this trek to Lubbock today.  Help the drivers to stay awake and the students to listen to you.  Amen.

No comments: