Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 17 – “Full Enough”

Father’s Day celebrating continued for me yesterday.  Nathan and April and Cailyn called and asked if they could come over and cook us a Father’s Day lunch.  Now how often does that happen?  We didn’t even have to leave the house for a special meal treat.  And special it was.  He grilled some steaks and April did some magic with potatoes in the oven and made a salad.  Oh, and Cailyn entertained us all with her non-stop chatter.  I vote for making this Father’s Day thing into a whole week.  Any suggestions for today?

We did have to make a special trip out to UTMB after they left.  No, no one was hurt or terribly sick or anything.  (Although I did resort to the secret weapon to battle this cough and get some sleep last night.  I broke out the Nyquil).  We just had to go by and pick up my paycheck.  OK, so how does my check from Seaside end up at UTMB?  Not that far a stretch.  Our financial secretary’s husband works there.  Since they live in Santa Fe it is not all that uncommon for us to communicate through him.  Of course it does mean we have to drive east of 61st Street. 

I did get through planning some of the church group devotions for youth camp.  I made it to Thursday night, so I just have two more to go.  Then I can put together the quiet times for the kids each day.  I think that will be all the computer-type work for camp.  Then it’s just a matter of packing and picking up the van on Saturday.  Oh, and making a WalMart run for some snacks, First Aid Kit stuff, and some prizes and props for the devotion times.  And worked somewhere in there I hear we are babysitting for Kel’s kids.  Chris told them one of the kids might end up in our suitcase.  I don’t think they considered that such a bad thing.  Oh, yes, I almost forgot that my brother and his wife are coming over Saturday, too, to look through Mom’s stuff.  And right now I’m headed to water therapy.  Got one of those on Thursday, too.  Guess our week will be full enough. 

Psalms 24:7-8 says, “Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.  Who is this King of glory?  The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.”

Father, thank you again for fighting all the important battles for me and the not-so-important ones with me.  Amen.

No comments: