Saturday, October 19, 2013

October 19 – “Dreaming”

I had one of the most vivid, yet unusual dreams that I have had in a long time, and I didn’t even take any pain medication before I went to bed.  Not that I particularly understand it, but here it is.  I was in our front yard, tossing rotten fruit into the air and hitting it with a croquet mallet I was using like a baseball bat.  All kinds of fruit.  Satsumas that had fallen off of our tree in the back yard, apples, even a banana, which even in the dream I recalled as seeming kind of weird.  After one particularly crushing blow, I happened to glance at our neighbor’s front porch, and there sat Mom.  I immediately went over to see what she was doing.  She was calmly eating a sausage sandwich.  I asked her where in the world she got it.  She explained that she got it from our house, but it was too spicy hot to eat.  She handed it to me to try a bite.  She was right.  It was one of the spiciest things I had ever tasted.  Just as I was about to race home for some water, she grabbed my arm and quite urgently said, “I want you to go see Deanna Hudson and buy her some jeans and a coke.”  I repeated it back to her, and she affirmed that I had heard her correctly.  Puzzled, I turned to leave, and … I woke up. 

Now that was strange indeed.  Was it a message?  Or perhaps a specific call to task?  I have no idea who Deanna Hudson is.  I do know a sweet lady named Darlene Hutson, but that’s as close as I could come up with when I woke up.  Darlene is the mother of one of the firefighters who came to Seaside when he was a teenager, and she even comes now when she can.  Of course I don’t know what business I would have buying either of them a pair of jeans, but I’d be happy to get both of them a coke.  Oh, well.  Deanna or Darlene or whoever you are, I prayed for you around 3:30 this morning.  Hope all is well with you and yours.

Psalms 117 says, “Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples.  For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.  Praise the Lord.”

Father, thank you for that faithfulness of yours.  There’s no one I would rather count on than you.  Keep watch over Baby Luke and bring him forth in your time.  And once again, meet whatever needs my mysterious dream friend may have.  Amen.

No comments: