Friday, September 6, 2013

September 6 – “An ear-y predicament”


The stomach bug is running rampant at Kel and Christina’s house.  It started with Micah and progressed into Christina and Josiah.  Poor Josiah was quite confused by the whole situation.  He even asked Christina at one point if his heart was breaking.  Now that’s gotta tug at your sympathy strings, doesn’t it?  Chris wanted to take them over some soup, but reason won out over a pretty intense desire to be a Mommy on that one.  The last thing we need is for a bug to take hold of Mom.  We did get a report that Kel was being Super Dad, though, so I guess all their sickos were in good hands.  Hang in there, Kel.

I have another issue that will most likely result in a trip over to the clinic this morning.  When I pulled my hearing aid out of my right ear when I was getting ready for bed, it didn’t all come out.  A cap piece decided to stick around and wedged itself way down in the ear canal.  I could tell immediately something was wrong, because frankly it hurt.  Still does, although not quite as much.  Chris could see it, but it was too far in to reach with a pair of tweezers.  I really don’t feel like driving all the way into Texas to go to my audiologist, so looks like I get to meet a new doctor.  I haven’t been to a “regular” doctor since I went in to the clinic after Hurricane Ike to get a tetanus shot.  Let me see.  That was in 2008, so it’s been five years or so.  Of course I’m not counting the required yearly trip to the neurologist or the quarterly trips to the rheumatologist.  Guess that’s not a bad record.  So now I get to explain my predicament to a doctor.  At least it’s not a roach up in there making a nest.  Chris has seen that before in a kid back when she was working.  Ouch. 

I went to a meeting yesterday about the celebration that will happen next Wednesday to honor the memory of the first responders who died in the World Trade Towers disaster (9-11).  The fire department, EMS service, and several of the local police departments are joining forces for a brief march and bell ceremony at the gazebo by Rosenberg Library.  All of it is going down right at noon and should last about 45 minutes or an hour.  I have been asked to pray at the beginning and end of the ceremony. 

And to end this hodgepodge of a blog entry, my morning looks like it has been set for me.  Chris made the comment at home group last night that the yard sure needs to be mowed.  That’s girl language for “mow the yard tomorrow morning,” or something along those lines.  No fishing today. 

Psalms 108:6 says, “Save us and help us with your right hand, that those you love may be delivered.”

Father, help this doc pull out this hearing aid part this morning, please.  Amen.

No comments: